Expert Witness Work
EXPERT WITNESS WORK
In addition to teaching and running the business, PISCO's owner, Robert Dunlap, serves as an expert witness in cases involving firearm function and malfunction.
He has been doing expert witness work since 1970 and has done about 100 cases to date. Most cases involve accidental discharges, blow ups, and homicides.
Expertise includes determining:
His expertise ends six inches after the bullet leaves the muzzle. He doesn't do ballistics.
- if and why a firearm discharged (accidentally)
- why a firearm action or barrel failed or blew up
- problems caused by a cartridge
- if a case was fired from a particular firearm
For more information, contact Robert Dunlap.
- Basic: $150/hour (includes time thinking, writing, testing, studying, and in court)
- Depositions: $200/hour
- All expenses must be paid (travel, hotel, etc)
- There is also a charge for time spent traveling, but it is considerably reduced